DEVELOPING GAME SENSE THROUGH TACTICAL LEARNING - A RESOURCE FOR TEACHERS AND COACHES
ABOUT THIS BOOK Developing Game Sense Through Tactical Learning offers an Australian perspective on this instructional approach to sport teaching and coaching. Unlike any other book on this popular and evolving topic, this unique resource offers: •...Show more...
- ISBN: 9781107600447
- Product Type: Textbook
- Format: Paperback
- Shipping Info
ABOUT THIS BOOK
Developing Game Sense Through Tactical Learning offers an Australian perspective on this instructional approach to sport teaching and coaching. Unlike any other book on this popular and evolving topic, this unique resource offers:
• theoretical foundations of game sense, including motor learning and pedagogical models combined with practical ideas and suggestions
• an extensive section on teaching/coaching methods and how to instruct using a tactical approach, including questioning techniques
• thorough descriptions of Invasion, Striking/fielding and Net/wall games with diagrams, group organisation, variations and questions
• eight complete units of work suitable for primary and secondary physical education students.
WHAT IS GAME SENSE?
Game sense, often referred to as Teaching Games for Understanding (or TGfU) emphasises the development of tactics and decision-making to develop an understanding of the game, rather than taking a traditional drill-first approach to teaching and coaching sport. Focusing first on tactics rather than technique, game sense encourages students and players to develop technical skills by first recognising and understanding their importance within the context of games, rather than in isolation or as repetitive drills.
If an item is discontinued or temporarily out of stock a customer service representative will contact you.Postage & Handling
All prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and are intended for shipment within Australia. The following postage charges apply (please note these are only a guide, postage may differ):
- $7.95 for 1 or 2 small items only Australia wide
- $11.95 for larger orders Australia wide
Occasionally we will have special postage discounts or offers. These will automatically be applied at checkout and may change without notice.Tracking
All items are sent via Australia Post or Fastway Couriers. A tracking number will be sent via SMS or email once your order has been completed so you can track your parcel.
Are you a Teacher?
Apply for a School Account and you could qualify for a discount and free postage for your order.
Similar Products to DEVELOPING GAME SENSE THROUGH TACTICAL LEARNING - A RESOURCE FOR TEACHERS AND COACHES
9780074716311 | $66.95
9780074716281 | $60.50
9780170198080 | $35.50
9780074716328 | $35.50
9781420229806 | $72.99